Grand Haven Lighthouse

Grand Haven Lighthouse
sunset

Thursday, October 23, 2008

New things dyed.


I did finally do some dyeing. Tomorrow I will experiment with making a gold dye out of some dark yellow and light brown. I found the way to do it on teh Ritz Dye page.

I got the nicest compliment today from a blog author who I had visited and decided to become a follower to. She returned the favor by following my blog. Heavens know that I don't always post a lot or frequently but perhaps I should start taking things (blogging) seriously at least for my dyeing jobs and stitching.

Here is the newest dye job on the left. I used wine colored dye and a spray bottle. Tomorrow I will try sponging a color over a dyed color. I have been wanting to do a type of autumn dye theme so I will make the gold color and then sponge orange on it in spots. At least if I don't like it or it doesn't turn out I can redye it again.

5 comments:

  1. Looks great Penny! I'm hoping to start dyeing soon myself. I want to try it so badly, but also slightly nervous (okay, scared to death)to try it! Were you nervous the first time too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and you did a excellent job. I really need to try this but have been too chicken. You have inspired me to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks a lovely colour Penny. I've only ever dyed things by accident!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this one! I like anything wine related!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete