Grand Haven Lighthouse

Grand Haven Lighthouse
sunset

Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday Brrr

Well it was a trip to the Doctors office today.  My COPD is giving me grief but mainly cause of the cold cold weather.  Yesterday it was only 5 above 0 for the high.  Its been days without seeing the sun even seeing a cold winter sun would be fantastic.  I get down this time of the year with such deary weather and Michigan is known for deary winter weather.  According to a science teacher I had in college Lansing is the second cloudiest city Seattle Washington is the first.  Not sure if I can believe that since I have never been to Seattle but he was a teacher I suppose he should know.
13 yr old is home with bad asthma last week and now this week.  Saturday he was in the ER for oxygen cool mist treatments.  We now have a cool mist humidifier for the kids rooms upstairs.  He also has an upper respiratory infection and tonight I have a sore throat.  My doc says to stay away from him as hes got a virus and with my COPD i will catch it.  I need to use Motrin with my arthritis medicine to get some more relief.  I'm feeling very tired to.  I think I will go to bed early tonight and try to relax.
Nothing on the job front again.  I was suppose to hear back from a phone interview that i had last week and nothing so far.  11.4 percent is Michigans unemployment rate now and I had to reapply for unemployment last check was last week.  I hope I get the emergency extension or its gonna be really tight.
I have been working on my ornaments and have one down including backing and the second one I's still stitching should be done in the next few days.  Then I need to start the SanMan Sal tonight as well.
Thats about it for now.  Keep warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment