Grand Haven Lighthouse

Grand Haven Lighthouse
sunset

Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year

I have been trying to find something to say regarding the new year.  I cannot come up with much of anything.  So many people become philosophical and can come up with so many interesting things to say but not me not this year.  Perhaps I am afraid that in doing so I will jinx this new year.  I have had actually we (the family) have had such a bad year that I so want a new year to be better for all of us.  Having nothing to look forward to ( as in a job) makes the days a bit hollow.  I need and I want a job.  Unfortunately work has been what has defined me for the past 20 some years.  I feel lost and adrift currently and its hard to keep your hopes up when time after time rejection is sent.

I have redesigned the blog here and put on several pages.  I am contemplating putting my resume on a page as well.  It couldn't hurt.  I will be adding a page for my jewelry pictures as well but just not sure when.

I have joined in one of my cross stitching groups the ufo sal and I have a page dedicated to them now.  Perhaps that will keep me focused on them.  Thankfully I don't have a huge amount of them but I'm sure that in the next few days as I clean out more drawers I will add to the list LOL.  I am also going to stitch two ornaments a month for the next six months another challenge that I entered.  I am also going to take more time to peruse others blogs in the hope to find new inspiration and friends.

I wish you all a healthy, happy, loving and lucky NEW YEAR!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Penny, I cane to see your TUSAL jar and just wanted to say I know how you feel about not working. I miss the money but also miss having something to do. I just adopted a couple of dogs and as soon as they get settled, I'm going to find some volunteer work. I need to have a purpose again. Good luck with your job search! I hope you find something soon!

    ReplyDelete