Grand Haven Lighthouse

Grand Haven Lighthouse
sunset

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hand Dyed Fabrics

I am attempting to post a picture of one of my hand dyed fabrics that I dyed some time before. As you can see the color has held beautifully and you will never guess what it was dyed in.
Yes, It was an organic substance, no it doesn't have an aroma to it, yes it stitches well. It was a scrap of 14 ct aida that I attempted this process one.

Ok are you ready now, It was dyed in blueberrys. Yes natural cooked blueberries. I boiled them and then curshed the berries up to make a thicker dye. Then I strained all the stuff out of the liquid. After assuring myself that all seeds etc were gone I then placed the fabric in the "dye" and tookt he liquid off the heat. The result is what you see here. At least I hope you see it.

2 comments:

  1. I bet this will be gorgeous to stitch on

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet it is pretty. When you hand dye, do you use/do anything to set the color? Excuse my ignorance as I've never hand dyed before.

    ReplyDelete