Grand Haven Lighthouse

Grand Haven Lighthouse
sunset

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008






Christmas 2008 will be a memorable one since it is the first time any of my step-daughters wanted to be at our house for Christmas. This is a picture of the oldest one with her Christmas Present yes it was a pair of cozy socks. I hid her Wal-Mart gift card in them so she wouldn't suspect anything but the found it anyway. The top of the envelope is peeking out of the top of the sock. She was happy.



Now the updated pictures of all my Christmas cards that I received. Thank you to all the individuals in the ILCS yahoo group for making my holidays extra special with the Christmas Card Exchange. I get very few cards as a rule since my family does not send out any cards except for a few of my Aunts and Uncles. So I loved getting them and I hope to do the same next year as well.




I had to take two Pictures since I couldn't fit them into one. I ended up with them on the side of the buffet and the front door next to it as well as one the buffet itself. I do not think that i will get the blahs after Christmas this year as I usually do since I had such a nice time getting the cards and occassional surprises in the cards as well. I got a few skeins of DMC, some really cute little charts to do as ornaments. I will do these for next year. I hope to participate in another ornament swap next year as well. I really enjoyed making ornaments for people and receiving ornaments back in return.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You really did get a lot of cards!! How nice:) I think we send out about 50 and usually get about 20!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was nice that was nice your step daughters spent Xmas at your house.
    Many cards mean many friends, and that you have.
    Those Hungarian Pastries look to die for, is there anything chocolate? lol.
    I just love Joans fabric, I bought some, but you won some even better, Congrats!
    I will put you in my GR
    Thanks for leaving a comment on mine.

    ReplyDelete