Grand Haven Lighthouse

Grand Haven Lighthouse
sunset

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Finally I finished something


I finally finished a project. It was a challange pattern from one of the groups that I am in. We were suppose to stitch light color on dark fabric. This was all I could come up with. Its the wine color fabric that I dyed a while back. The thread is one of the new DMC's Number 4170 to be exact. After finishing the piece we were to embellish it in some way and make it into something. The only thing that I could think of to embellish it with was some snowflake buttons that I had on hand. The whole time I have been stitching this I kept thinking how it reminded me of ribbions and so I guess with christmas close by I decided to use the snowflakes. Well that and its snowing today. Nothing heavy just light flakes all day long. Now I am going to start (finally) on the SAL that I am doing for another group. Its for the Kustom Kraft group so stay tuned for updates as I attempt to tackle one huge pattern.

8 comments:

  1. your home looks beautiful in the snow, but I'll stay inside where it is warm. but I do like looking at it while it is snowing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Penny, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful Penny. I love the colour of the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I wanted to stitch this too, but just didn't have the time... Later, maybe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the finish. Love the colors and the snowflake is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your challenge project. It came out looking very nice!
    Heidi-ILCS

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fabric works well with the thread colour, great stitching,

    Have a wonderful xmas

    Take care

    ReplyDelete