Grand Haven Lighthouse

Grand Haven Lighthouse
sunset

Monday, February 16, 2009

Time for an update on the Theme and some interesting things.

I am so tired of winter that I decided it was time to update the theme here with something that said spring to me so I found this one. Nothing says spring like flowers, buds and birds.

Update on some things I have done. Here is the challange piece that I finished for the Sapphire Stitching group that I am in. Joan, the list mom, issued an original deisgn for us to stitch and we had to make something out of the design. Here is what I came up with. My first altoid tin top and now the other picture of it I took.

I havent finished the bottom of the tin yet and I am still trying to figure out how. Basically I have an idea of how but the question is really with what.

The fabric is Joans special blends and we had to do the pattern with either varigated thread or thread from 3 color families. I chose DMC variations in greens and some floss that I hand dyed myself in varigated green. The butterfiles are buttons that I received in a swap. Not to shabby if I do say so myself.

Now I am working on the SALS that I joined and I have 4 of them currently. I have saved several more but haven't started them as of yet.

I am currently working on the mystery sal that Kustom Krafts group started on February 1. Of course I was waiting on money for threads and fabric so I didn't get to start it when the others did I am curretly about half way on the page. Updates on the sals I am working on with be forthcoming.

3 comments:

  1. I love this Altoid tin. You are right! It screams SPRING! Congrats on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Penny! Your blog facelift is beautiful!! and look at your altoid tin! Wow!! You did an amazing job getting all the gorgeous colors to work together! and the butterflies!! Gorgeous finish! Congrats:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tin is cute. I did one so far too! Your color choices really go well together.

    ReplyDelete