Grand Haven Lighthouse

Grand Haven Lighthouse
sunset

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Newest Creation


I believe I have hit upon a technique that I really like and what it produces. I dyed the fabric blue orginally the one that was uploaded Sunday. Then I took the blue since I didn't like the results and redyed purple over the blue using some rubber bands in various places around the bunched up material and this is what I got. I called it purple N blue really original isn't it. But that was all my tired brain could come up with tonight.
I like the effect. I got my paycheck today and when out and bought some more dyes in colors I didn't have yet. I am thinking of using the purple again as the base color and spritzing yellow over it. But this time I am using tape to get a broader band which will remain white and allow the yellow spritz to color those areas. Sort of like Easter Colors I believe. I want to experiment with greens too. I bought a leaf green tonight and I already have Kelly green mixed up so I thought I would do something with those two colors. I love the double dyeing technique above the original dyeing.

8 comments:

  1. oh! how cool!
    I love that color

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! What kind of dye do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, like these much better than the faulty spray bottle ones! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've found yourself a new talent! Good job Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..I have never tried dying my own...I love yours...can maybe feel a retail therapy coming on if my ebay stuff sells lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your had dyed colours! I was going to ask if you sell them, but then realized that you are already offering that. I'll be back...

    ReplyDelete
  7. It turned out beautiful, I love the one you did earlier with the Raspberries as well. Great stash you got earlier too, you'll have lots of fun projects to stitch.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete