Grand Haven Lighthouse

Grand Haven Lighthouse
sunset

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Monday's Results.

I am posting my results from Mondays dyeing spree. I kept going and going and going. I have some good results as well.

This is called light green marble. If you look closely enough you can see the lighter and darker spots. I used the tye dyeing effect with rubber bands and let if soak for about 6 mintues. Then I rinsed it too the rubber bands off and dunked it quickly in the dye and held it up and dunked it again so the white spots were covered with very light green. Looking pretty good and I am doing my Christmas Sal on this.

This is what I am calling my champaign tan. It was a combination of tan and yellow dyes and was suppose to make an all over champaign color. I got dark tan in some places and lighter in others. So again I used the rubber bands to bind the fabric and I did the same thing as with the green. The white spots did take on the champaign color that I was after when I dunked a few times and wrung it out, rinsed it and then dunked it again. I really like the color now and I am going to use it for a fall piece or thanksgiving.

Now this is my favorite I am calling ti amythest marble. I comebine two colors to make the dark amyethest color and then used the rubber bands and then dunked as before in the dye bath to obtain the lighter colors versus the dark.

Now this one is dark amythest and I did this first before I did the other. No rubber bands just wadded it up and threw it in the bath to soak. I love the color.

1 comment:

  1. These are all lovely. I have never really dyed anything but you may have inspired me....nearly lol

    ReplyDelete