Grand Haven Lighthouse

Grand Haven Lighthouse
sunset

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Well Its Welcome to the unemployment line again.

Friday was my last day at the school district.  On thursday, they gave me a really nice luncheon and everyone brought food in for it.  Sloppy Joes, fried chicken wings, a wonderful salad with cheese, pecans, mandrin oranges with italian dressing mixed with the juice of the oranges.  I got some wonderful gifts and of course I cried.  Friday I took my gifts in to all of them.  I made two necklaces for the ladies that I worked the closest with.  Gave the H.R. Executive director a silk scarf, gave her administrative assistant a MSU t shirt (they won their game and now its on the the final four for them).  I have had a busy two weeks training the girl that got the job and working long hours to make sure that she was trained properly.  Even though she beat me out of the job, I had decided prior to the interviews that if someone else won I would train them to the best of my ability.  Besides I really like her she is a wonderful person.  I only wish I could have the chance to work with her more.  We work really well as a team believe it or not.

So today I am filing for unemployment, we can do it online here.  And, I plan on watching the race on tv too.  This means that once again, I cannot go to the races at MIS this summer.  Its been three years since I could go and I really miss it.  But, no money.  I am toying with the idea of making some jewelry and see if anyone would want to buy it.  Maybe open an Esty shop perhaps.  We will see.

3 comments:

  1. Hugs! Hope a job comes along for you real soon! The PERFECT job for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny, I'm so sorry but that was a very gracious decision on your part and it is the school's loss! Best wishes in the job search!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there and keep on keeping on. I have been there and have the t-shirt. It is tough that's for sure but do some home work. Find local things to do that keep your spirits up and keep active. Penny, there are lots of free tutorial things of the web to keep your skills and spirits up. And often in the summer there are many free outdoor things going on. While you are job hunting mix in some of these activities to feed your spirit. Best of Luck! Hugs, Mare

    ReplyDelete