Grand Haven Lighthouse

Grand Haven Lighthouse
sunset

Saturday, December 4, 2010

I have decided to..............

You know I have crocheted a pair of mittens for my grandson finished them today started them yesterday really easier to do than I thought they would be.  I also made one of those hats that have the ear flaps and tassels hanging off of the flaps.  I crocheted that as well for my daughter.

So I have decided to become more proactive towards Christmas.  By that I mean, instead of feeling sorry for myself and the family in the situation that we are in right now, I am going to focus on the positive aspects of Christmas after all its all about giving isn't it.  Not buying the expensive things and not getting things in return but give to people out of love and respect for the season.  So for the next few weeks I am going to crochet Christmas Clothes pin angels.  You can put string on them to hang them as ornaments, you can put magnets on them to use on metal surfaces or as a decoration on the fridge and lastly you can use the clothes pin end to place them on the tree.
So anyone who wants an angel for a Christmas ornament has to do something.  All you have to do is leave me a comment and email address so that I can contact you to send you the angel.  The will be in traditional Christmas colors of red, green, gold, silver and the colors are my choice.  So if you want an angel to brighten your holidays and perhaps bring some joy just leave me a comment with email.
Have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea Penny! I'd love an angel :) I've read some of your other blogs. Hope things get better for you soon. Its really hard to get out of a slump at Christmas time where everyone is focused on getting and on the "I wants". Hope you know you do have friends out here even if we are miles away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea. I would love an angel but would be happy to pay postage. I am an unemployed teacher in Ireland so know what it is like! I have found that while we are having less, we are actually getting more:more time together: more sensible and healthy food and children who are learning to appreciate the simple things in life. My email addy is stitcheranonatyahoodotcodotuk xxxxx

    ReplyDelete