Grand Haven Lighthouse

Grand Haven Lighthouse
sunset

Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday --1-21-13

Watching the inauguration today that those people do not have any idea of what we are going through.  How could they.  They make enough or more than enough money to support their families and themselves.  They do not have to worry about loosing a house or anything like that.  How can you tell people who have lost contact what its really like here.  That there isn't enough money to cover the month and you have to worry constantly about being able to pay the bills and keep the roof over your head.  They don't have to worry about how much to spend for food and will that cover all the days of the month for that month.

All in all I found it to be a rather depressing day.  Excellent for showcasing American spirit and patriotic feelings but tomorrow reality sets in again.  Can you write to these people will they care about the issues you are facing.  I doubt it.  I thought about sending an email to the president regarding things that I face or worry about but I decided against it.  1.  He probably wouldn't even see it.  2.  Nor would he care I am sure.  1 person among many. 

But since Art has gone and my savings has all but been wiped out with his hospital, doctor etc bills for the last 10 months of his life, I worry about everything.  Mostly about loosing the house.  I am not sure that with loosing his SS income and not being able to receive any money from it, that I will be able to hold on to the house and pay the bills.  Why won't they pay attention to things?  Why won't they see just how things really are.  I was not able to get a job in the past 2.5 almost 3 years.  Now my arthritis won't let me work due to not being able to walk well, stand long, sit long, you name it.  Oh well I guess its life and no where I can turn for help.  I have only the kids and my mom and they cant help.  No wonder I feel so overwhelmed and depressed lately.  I haven't had a stress free day since Art first went to the hospital in Ann Arbor last April.

1 comment:

  1. It is very discouraging Penny!
    I don't think that the average person is better off. I think that we have less than our parents did and not the same oppurtunities.

    ReplyDelete