Grand Haven Lighthouse

Grand Haven Lighthouse
sunset

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

How or What do I do

I have decided that of late I enjoy writing after all I have been writing for months now to complain about what the mortgage company is doing to me now that my husband has passed away.  They have denied me a loan modification and any chance to save the house.  They claim that I am not on the loan but I am on the mortgage.  I looked up the definition of a mortgage  it is as follows: 
mort·gage
ˈmôrgij/
noun
noun: mortgage; plural noun: mortgages
1.
the charging of real (or personal) property by a debtor to a creditor as security for a debt (esp. one incurred by the purchase of the property), on the condition that it shall be returned on payment of the debt within a certain period.

a deed effecting the conditions of a mortgage.
a loan obtained through the conveyance of property as security.
"I put down a hundred thousand in cash and took out a mortgage for the rest"

a loan obtained through the conveyance of property as security.
"I put down a hundred thousand in cash and took out a mortgage for the rest"

Now what does that tell you how can mortgage company separate the two things.  I am on the mortgage and on the deed and on the title of the house.  Ocwen has denied me all loan modifications due to that fact.  There was a note signed in 2005 by my deceased husband which was never counter signed by any banking or mortgage official at the time.  There was never a refinancing done on the house.  I have copies of the actual mortgage from back when WE refinanced the house with our credit union in order to add on and do some remodeling that the house desperately needed at the time.  Now we come to the issue about not being able to make the payments and requiring a loan modification.  I am 5 months behind on the payments.  I have been forced to file for a bankruptcy based on past credit issues since my husband has died and I lost all of his social security income.

See that's another issue too, social security stated that I made more money during our working lives than he did so after he passed away they determined that based on that face I will receive nothing more than the standard 255.00 from them.  So I lost his income of over 800.00 per month which makes a huge dent into my budget.  So now I have to make payments to a bankruptcy lawyer until I have paid off the 1300.00 that it will cost to file for it.  More money gone that I could have used.

So as I see it I have been royally screwed by various governmental agencies and the mortgage company since my husband has passed away.  I was advised by the legal aid here to file for bankruptcy which of course i followed their advice only to have them send me a letter stating that since I filed bankruptcy I was no longer interested in saving the house and they were closing my case.  Of course I protested it but never heard back from that governmental agency.  I was working with a financial company, who shall remain nameless, regarding the loan modification but as soon as they found out my situation they turned me over to legal aid which as I stated was a lost cause.  Now what am I to do.  I contacted a real estate lawyer today and was basically told after hearing my tale to go get help from a governmental agency.  UMMMM been there did that and they closed me out.

As it stands right now I am not certain what the future will bring.  I am not sure that I will be able to keep the house and get help to save it as it appears right now that won't be a possibility.  I have no one that will be willing to help me at all.  Now back to the writing how to I become a writer and what will I write about.  That of course will have to wait until I get a better computer that works this one is slowly dieing. 

I am going through all our things and getting rid of things we don't need, don't use anymore, or haven't worn in a long time.  I am also downsizing much of my cross stitching stash that i have accumulated one way or another to help fund getting a new computer.  Then it will be selling more things to help with finding a place to move to if we need to.  Isn't there anyone out there who would be will to help me.  I cant pay up front for a lawyer but I will give them whatever percentage they require in going after Ocwen.  I don't intend to go quietly anymore.  I am not giving up without a fight and I will not allow them to scare or bully me out of my home which is what they are currently trying to do but of course its being done just barely legally so I cant get them on that.  Oh, and before I forget I was never given written documentation as to why I was not allowed a loan modification or why I couldn't assume a mortgage/loan that i am already on.

Hopefully if I keep finding places to email and complain about Ocwen Loan Servicing someone out there will find it within their selves to help me, my daughter, and my grandson who is autistic and maybe forced to leave the only home he has ever known.  He has  had a couple major melt downs this past several weeks due to the upheaval that Ocwen is putting us through.  Yes i filed a complaint against them with the ADA for that very issue not sure what that will do but it was something.

No comments:

Post a Comment