Grand Haven Lighthouse

Grand Haven Lighthouse
sunset

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Fabric Dyeing


Remember the splotched mess from Sunday well I have fixed it and I really like the way it came out. I got this idea of taking the sunflower yellow color and place it in red dye in order to try and cover the red spots from the faulty spray bottle. I also took some large rubber bands and wrapped them around the fabric bundle to try and keep some of the yellow visible. Well here is the results.

You really do not see the sploteches anymore but you still see some of the gold. So Reddish gold is born. Isn't that how many successes happen just by accident? Well in this case its true. Now to redo the bluish fabric and try somemore green.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely job. Have you decided what you are going to stitch on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore it. Can't wait to see what you stitch on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, really love your fabric!
    Good job girl!

    ReplyDelete