Grand Haven Lighthouse

Grand Haven Lighthouse
sunset

Sunday, February 1, 2009

New Dyeing Projects



Ok here are the two newest dyeing projects. I am not liking them very much so I think that I will redo them. The goldish one with the red is the one that I really do not like. The gold turned out awesome and when I went to spritz the red on it the spray bottle developed a hole and well I got red spots not exactly what I had envisoned.


The bluish one I thought I had the green dye and guess what it wasn't it was blue. I wanted to sponge on the yellow on dark green and I tried the yellow ont he blue and it didn't show up. So I found a dark purple and spritz that with a spray bottle that didn't have a hole in it but I am not sure I like that either. I think that I will end up redyeing all of it. What you have in your mind doesn't always come out right on the fabric. I need some comments let me know if you like or dislike them. Maybe I need an something different to make the patterns. By the way the sponges didn't work well at all. Next time I am going to purchase some resistor to put ont he fabric where I do not want one color and want a second. I think you can wash the resistor out so that you can place a second color in the spots or areas. Then you have to put the resistor on the dyed parts to keep the colors from coming together. Well anyway here they are:







5 comments:

  1. Ok, while the colors are not what you expected, I think they will still be great. Unless you are going to use the whole piece at one time. When you go to stitch smaller pieces, the fabric gets broken down and I think you will be amazed at how smaller parts of it work really well. I know when I have purchased Silkweaver, I have not always liked the whole piece, but then found part of it, even half of it stitched up beautifully. You will just have to stitch on it to see. What's a little froggin' now and then? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors, but don't like the spots either. Good luck redying them or whatever you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I like the colors, too, but the spots will make it difficult for stitches to show. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the blue and green one. That one turned out really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great.
    After you get the design stitched you may like it better.
    We all have to learn and the best way is to try, try again.
    And besides dyeing is not always going to be perfect anyway.

    ReplyDelete