Grand Haven Lighthouse

Grand Haven Lighthouse
sunset

Thursday, November 15, 2012

A day to forget,.

Alex is having a bad day today.  He cannot or will not focus on school work.  He had a walk through today at Elle's place.  Its a local place that helps grieving kids.  I am pretty sure thats whats going on with him .  He missis his "PAPA" and there isnt anything I can do for him.  Its all so frustrating.  He is autistic  and ADHD to boot.  This is all so hard on him.  We get frustrated because we cannot get him to try to do the work.    I hate having to yell at him but all our frustration levels are high right.  I have grief counseling next wednesday my first meeting.  Beth has hers next week as well for family grief counseling.

Im getting headaches because of the frustration.  He keeps asking over and over what has he done or  and i keep explaining and he keeps asking.  I have had enough today.

3 comments:

  1. Big HUGS coming your way from Florida!

    I am right there with you about dealing with loss as my dad died on Sept 5th. The holidays this year just won't be the same. Maybe we should start a Loss and Grief blog?!

    I am badly wanting to come to Michigan (I am from the Lansing area) for Christmas to be around my mom, brother and niece, but cannot afford the trip. I have some family down here. Yes, some very young family that I am sure will be wanting to see their "Paw Paw" every time they come over. The best we can do for the littlest ones is be as patient as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If he has those issues then it will take him a little longer to process things and the Autism will be wanting him to make sense of it all, which of course no one can, but they like logic and sense. I know; my son is on the spectrum. I would say give him a break. If you can't concentrate he certainly can't: he needs a little time and space and you will just end up hitting your head on a wall. Let him do what he can and if he can't, just leave it. The school should understand: he has just had a big bereavement as have you all: let yourselves take some time to heal a little. sending hugs ((((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, I forgot to mention in my previous comment to hop over to my blog.

    ReplyDelete