Grand Haven Lighthouse

Grand Haven Lighthouse
sunset

Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday Nov 2, 2012

Today is my first day alone.  The families have all left to go back to their busy lives.  The kids and I are trying to figure out our lives now.  Things seem so empty.  Not having him to take care of or running to the hospital to be with him.  Things have just come to a halt.  Monday Alex will go back to doing school work but I have a long time stretching out before me that I need to fill. 

No one will ever take his place he was one of a kind.  I prefer to keep it that way.  He was my one and only true love.  Why is it that you never realize that until something comes to an end.,  I knew I loved him but just never knew how deeply that love was until a few days ago.  Before he stopped talking he told me he didn't want to leave me.  We both knew the end was coming but it was within 3 days he passed.   It was for the best I'm sure he didn't suffer and didn't linger.   Comfort care and hospice was wonderful they took fantastic care of him.

Now my life goes on.  Its open and blank and whatever I desire to make of it.  He will be with me in spirit I know until we are together again.



4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. The grief and loss never go but you will, in time, learn to live with it I hope. I wish we could help but all we can do is say we are here, out in cyberspace and you are not alone.
    ((((((((hugs))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, sorry to hear of your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete