Grand Haven Lighthouse

Grand Haven Lighthouse
sunset

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Last Day of 2013

I cannot say I am sorry to see 2013 go.  It has been a bad year for me and the kids.  2012 was a bad year as well since we lost Attila (Art) in October.  I need a good year for a change.  Maybe the move will help the house was posted the Saturday before Christmas.  IT took them long enough.  It goes up for sale on January 29, 2014 but I wash my hands of it and face the future in a new location.

We went through a week of lost power, lost internet and lots of ice.  Most of the power in Lansing has been restored now only about 650 people without power as of this morning from 20,000 when the storm started a week ago last Sunday Dec. 22.



As a rule I don't make any resolutions for the new year but this year I am making an exception.  I am resolving to be happier in 2014 than I was in 2013 and in 2012.  Hopefully the bad luck is behind us.  We are taking down the tree tonight and having foods tomorrow that is suppose to help with luck in the new year.  We are having pork (Ham) round fruit (mandarin oranges) peas, and corn bread.  I am also fixing oven roasted potatoes that I use dry onion soup mix on.  The ham is a spiral ham but I am not sure if I will glaze it or not.

I also resolve now that I have a chrome book to try and blog more but we will see how that goes.  To everyone I wish a happy new year.  Welcome 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment